Spend the money Or do the DIY

Spend the money or do a DIY?

This has been a question and over the past 5 years has differently been the one I have ask myself over and over.

 All over the Internet you can find DIY, but often some seem simply insane, Like they ask for a power drill or or finding something like a pallet of wood? that can cost any where from $11- to a drill I don't have the ability to go buy one isn't this suppose to be a DIY?



 So here is just a quick list on what I ask my self if Its worth it to do a DIY

      1. Is the Material Accessible to me 
      2. If I need to go buy it is it cheaper than buying it online
      3. YOUTUBE it! that has been the best thing every I look it up is there a guidance on how to do it. If there is simple follow the directions!
These are the perfect questions to go by.. at least for me and I love saving money ( who doesn't). I love DIY and defiantly if I can save the money and still be like Oh yeah I made this..WIN

Bows Bows Bows. Having 2 girls I have been able to save and make a little money for there bows 
Costing me about $4 Dollars to make these bows
Table my husband and father in law made, Welding ( in the family), Using title from Home Depot, And getting Chairs of Craigslist
Table was about $ 40 , the chairs we got a deal for about $ 15 dollars per chair

Car Seat Covers! I love these when I had my little girl. Wind was the worst thing, this was the spring cover I made So simple and worked so great!
$10 dollars to make

Of course little Girls and their tutus this was for her birthday party she loved it so much! 
$7

Minky Winter Cover! I loved this one! It was always cold in January so I used a soft minky fabric for the inside and a pretty pattern on the outside. It was so warm for her and the wind didn't pick it up because it was heavy enough and the bows were so adorable
$ 15 dollars to make

Halloween Mummys! I went and got icing in a tube and some M&M to go on the chocolate cupcakes the kids loved them! 
$6 dollars to make


another favorite of mine Hat and matching scarf  with an added bow so simple with a few youtube videos came out great for my little 1 year old 
$ 5 dollars to make

These were wands for a Halloween costume for my girls. They were hangers wrapped in ribbon and some tulle costing me free to make since  I had everything :)
These were some of my favorite DIY I hope you enjoyed :)

 Jaimee 

No comments:

Post a Comment